|**CLOSURE UPDATE** House of the Temple offices will open on a normal schedule, but at reduced capacity, beginning Monday, June 8. The building, however, will remain closed to visitors & tours until further notice. Please stay safe, & we hope to see you soon.|
The House of the Temple Library is open Monday–Thursday, 8 am to 5 pm.
The library is closed Fridays and all Federal holidays.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to call 202–232–3579 or check the official Twitter account (@MasonicMuseum) prior to coming to confirm the library will be open.
Reading Room Etiquette
The House of the Temple Library & Museum is meant to be used as a quiet space for study and research. Please observe the following rules during your visit:
- No smoking/vaping, eating, or drinking.
- Researchers using rare books or manuscripts are asked to take notes in pencil only.
- Portable computers are permitted, but please use headphones when listening to audio.
- Van Gorden-Williams Library & Archives (Northern Masonic Jurisdiction)
- Chancellor Robert R Livingston Masonic Library (Grand Lodge of New York)
- Iowa Masonic Library
Institute of Classical Architecture and Art video Series: “The Foundations of Classical Architecture”
- Part 1 – Roman Classicism
- Part 2 – Greek Classicism
- Part 3 – Motifs & Details
- Part 4 – Classical Design Principles
The staff of the Library, Archives and Museum is available Monday–Thursday to assist the public in the use of the House of the Temple’s collections.
We encourage researchers with special requests to contact us in advance so that sources can be ready for their use.